A quick note - the decentralized system that is being proposed is NOT peer
to peer.  At the top, at the aggregator, it functions just the same as the
centralized solution: One database, searchable and acessable by all - ie
napster.

The difference is how the metada gets to the central DB.  Either it is
aggregated from nodes, or required to be centrally submitted to bypass the
technical hurdles of aggregation.

I am under the impression that feasability or technical-hard-ness of
building the metadata collection functionality to be decentralized rather
than requiring it to be centrally submitted does not nearly outweigh the
problems with admining, maintaining, and hosting the central solution.

When i get home i will be rifling through some books for quotes to support
my claim that Reed's Law and End-to-End principals support the
decentraralized design over the centralized design.

-Zack