I have tried hard to solve this problem on my own but I’m stuck and need help.
I installed all the software on Macintosh using Homebrew following the
instructions carefully.  I used hackrf_spiflash and hackrf_cpldjtag to update
the firmware and hackrf_info reports good information like everything is fine.
But hackRF does not show up as a device in Gqrx and osmocom_fft reports no
device found.  I saw one other report like this in the archives but with no
resolution.  It seems like there must be a simple configuration or path wrong
but I can’t figure it out.  Please help.  Thanks.  Jay.