Hi all,

I don't know if this is the correct place for this question but as there is not that much traffic on this list, I hope it is OK.

Question:
Is there a maximum transmission-duration for a hackRF ONE at 2.4 GHz?

I have an idea to use my hackRF (+ tcxo) to transmit on the QO-100 amateur-radio satellite transponder, this to experiment with a "low-power" setup. (e.g use a wifi grid-antenna as uplink). Amateur radio (WSPR, JT-65, ...) has a number of "weak signal modes" that involve transmitting a signal for a long duration (e.g. up to 15 minutes in certain versions of WSPR), so perhaps it would be possible to use one of these modes over satellite with a very limited setup.

But does a hackRF ONE support transmitting at full power (13 to 15 dBm) at 2.4 GHz for a continuous periode of (say) up to 15 minutes, or will it overheat?

Thx :-)

kristoff (ON1ARF)