Ah - very similar .. wish I had known :-)

Support for Globs and logic to split/parallelize large text files would
help ..

-----Original Message-----
From: Stu Hood [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2007 2:23 PM
To: hadoop-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: Re: Compression using Hadoop...

Isn't that what the distcp script does?

Thanks,
Stu

-----Original Message-----
From: Joydeep Sen Sarma
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2007 3:58pm
To: hadoop-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Compression using Hadoop...

One thing I had done to speed up copy/put speeds was write a simple
map-reduce job to do parallel copies of files from a input directory (in
our case the input directory is nfs mounted from all task nodes). It
gives us a huge speed-bump.

It's trivial to roll ur own - but would be happy to share as well.