at least up until 14.4, these options are broken. see

(there's a trivial patch - but i am still testing).

-----Original Message-----
From: Khalil Honsali [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tue 1/8/2008 11:21 AM
To: hadoop-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Limit the space used by hadoop on a slave node

I haven't tried yet, but I've seen this:
<property>
  <name>dfs.datanode.du.reserved</name>
  <value>0</value>
  <description>Reserved space in bytes per volume. Always leave this much
space free for non dfs use.
  </description>
</property>
or
<property>
  <name>dfs.datanode.du.pct</name>
  <value>0.98f</value>
  <description>When calculating remaining space, only use this percentage of
the real available space
  </description>
</property>

In: