Hi Qiang,
you need to set the type additionally using: jobConf.setOutputKeyClass(Text.class);

Cu on the 'net,
                       Bye - bye,

                                  <<<<< André <<<< >>>> èrbnA >>>>>

ma qiang wrote:
Dear colleague,
        In the method of output.collect(key, value), I can set the
"value" as Text or IntWritable in the reduce function, but I can only
set it as IntWritable in the map function. Would you tell me why?
when I set the "value" as Text, the system output the error as follows :
java.io.IOException: Type mismatch in value from map: expected
org.apache.hadoop.io.IntWritable, recieved org.apache.hadoop.io.Text
     Thanks!

Qiang Ma
Fudan University
Shanghai, P. R. China