Hello eveyone,

I was wondering if there was anything that detected C stack overflow in a
nice way (i.e., not by having to cut down my program until I stop getting
a segmentation fault on the first line of main).

In details:

I have a program that looks somewhat like that:

typedef struct{
 /*a huge struct definition*/
} a_t;

int main(int argc, char *argv){
  a_t a;
  return 0;
}

and I want to get something politer than a segmentation fault.
 I found some info on preventing attacks on the stack, so it seems to me
that it should be possible to do this in a non- hostile manner.

BTW, it is not a problem of lack of memory- the same struct can be
allocated on the heap.

Thanks,
        Orna.
--