On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, Alon Altman wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, guy keren wrote:
>

> > below is the table-of-contents for the lecture about 'installing drivers'.
> > as it looks now, it is too long for one lecture. i should either cut out
> > stuff, or extend this (as is common for my lectures, it seems ;) ) to a
> > 2-lectures thing again. what sais y'all? please note that there are not
> > yet enough slides about installing drivers that don't come as part of the
> > distro's kernel.
>
>   No problem splitting it in two, but as the exams period is getting closer,
> I suggest making the second part on Wednesday. What do you think?
>
>   Alon

I agree that there is no problem in splitting the lecture in two. I think
the slower rate in which guy has taken the SIL lectures so far has proved
very successful in passing the material and having it sink and understood.
No point in passing hastily over the material.

On the other hand, while the Welcome to Linux lectures were intended
mostly for students, the participants of the Staying in Linux lectures are
few, and I scanning them in my mind, I doubt there are many students among
them. Hence, I am not sure the exam term should be such a significant
consideration.

Orna.