(what does haifux got to do with lkml anyway? :P~~~  we deserve our own
alias!)

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Shachar Tal wrote:

> I have a somewhat complex piece of code that needs profiling. It is
> composed of numerous Makefiles. I added "-pg -g" to the compiler
> parameters, but when the resulting binary runs, gmon.out is not created.

did you also pass '-pg' to the link command? or, if you use ld directly,
did you tell it to use /lib/gcrt.o and -lc_p? 'pinfo gprof', then read
about 'compiling', i've been reading from that page as i type...

--
guy

"For world domination - press 1,