We have a Linux machine (IBM ThinkCentre) with Red Hat 9.0 installed which
suddenly failed to boot. It was working fine before. We have tried 'linux
rescue' from an installer disk and when we type e2label /dev/hda2 we get an
error 'Bad magic number in super-block' which We  think it indicates that
something has gone wrong with the main disk partition. We would like to
recover the data on the partition instead of reformatting since it contains
some important data.

If you have any ideas please relpy to us.

Thanks Dita.