> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm looking for a mail client that chooses the (outgoing) SMTP
> server based on my current IP address. Does such an animal exist?
>
> The need arises because I want to use the same computer (a laptop)
> from both work and home, and I'm not allowed to use my work SMTP
> server when connecting from home through an ISP. Mozilla mail
> allows multiple SMTP servers, but it associates only one such
> server with each mail (POP or IMAP) account. The only way I can
> think of to address my needs through Mozilla is to have two Mozilla
> "accounts" for each real mail account, one associated with the
> from-work SMTP server and one with the from-home server. Pretty
> awful, right?
>
> So is there a client that can associate SMTP servers with IP
> addresses? Perhaps even choose the correct server automatically?
>
> Thanks, -Ron.

Hi,
        If you only need an SMTP server  and you use a linux laptop; you can use
sendmail.  You will not need to be worry about IPs,  you only will need to
install sendmail, altought most of times it is already installed, and use
your local smtp server (sendmail).
        Actually, the default installation works just fine in big distributions like
SuSE.

        Best,

        Polo