On Sat, 4 Dec 2004, guy keren wrote:

> On Sat, 4 Dec 2004, Alon Altman wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Orna Agmon wrote:
> >
> >  Why not have a rewrite of that old lecture with more information about
> > samba, and less hype? I can rewrite that lecture if wanted.
>
> i think the idea is to concentrate on file-sharing and printer-sharing.

Indeed. Things a person needs to know in order to set up a home network,
in which some of the computers are Windows and some Linux, or an
administrator at work, where the server is Linux and the clients are
Windows.

The other way round is also a problem - where the exchange server is
Windows. Though I don't know of any better solution than to use evolution
with the propriatary element - I myself have a Windows computer in my
office just for that.

 Orna. --
Orna Agmon http://vipe.technion.ac.il/~ladypine/
ICQ: 348759096