On Mon, 29 Aug 2005, Alon Altman wrote:
> Hi,
>    I volunteered to give a lecture today. Here are some topics I have
> suggested in the past:
>
> 1. SPAM and spamassassin - detailed analisys of various anti-spam methods,
>     spammers and the spam arms race. The lecture will revolve around
>     spamassassin and it's various rules, and will include many modern
>     approaches such as HashCash, Habeas, and Bayesian.

How is this with relation to the lecture Aviram gave about spam control?

> 2. Web hacking for fun and profit - a lecture about accessing webpages
>     without a conventional browser for compatbility or privledge escalation.
>     The lecture will focus on the web hacker's arsenal (curl, wget, sniffers,
>     LWP, etc.) and will look into some "hypotheic" test cases including
>     "Sherutei Briut Tzlalit", the known cellular company "Purple", and the
>     bus company "Begged".

Did you not propose to give it last year, and then decide it was better
that Nadav gave it? How is this lecture with relation to the one Nadav
gave?

> 3. Proxying II - A continuation of http://www.haifux.org/lectures/85/
>     Can cover caching DNS server, FTP proxy, SOCKS generic proxy, etc.

Yes, please.

> 4. Software Suspend II. May evolve to a "linux on laptop" lecture.  Software
>     Suspend is a mechanism to allow you to retain your system state when your
>     system power is off. It allows you to quickly power off and on your
>     system. Especially useful for laptops.

Yes indeed.

> Please vote for one or more of these lectures you would like to hear.
>
>    Alon

Orna.
--
Orna Agmon http://ladypine.org/  http://haifux.org/~ladypine/