Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 17:18:19 +0200 (IST)
From: Orr Dunkelman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Yoni Levy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: Haifa Club <haifux@haifux.org>
Subject: Re: [Haifux] Why not sharing the filmed lectures in bittorrent ?

As all the rights on the lectures were given to hamakor, and as this is
something hamakor once authrized, there is no problem, up to the fact you
ask people to allocate ~30GB of hard disk for that.

If people are willing to host such data base - be my guest. Given the fact
that during the years there were very few who bought the CDs (actually
two, one of them was me), the money is not that important...

Anyhow, if someone is willing to allocate this space (or even part of it)
for the lectures on some server (http, ftp, anything), that would be
really nice.

Try Orna's FOSS lecture from last year W2L series, based on Nadav's
article.

Actually, Nadav's essay has a complicated license. It is not a piece
of code, but in a way a work of art. So he allows distribution as a whole,
or quoting parts under his name, but the essay itself is not under the
GPL. This is why I did not create lecture slides, but used his essay as a
whole.

However, it is the best text I have read for explaining the matter, and
except the fact that it is not slides but an essay, it does not require
any changes - it is written to be spoken, you can even speak it word for
word. Just don't say your name is Nadav :)

Regarding the video lectures - I believe we have a problem placing the
lectures on bittorrent, since we lost contact with the guy holding the
originals.

If we can locate the files, I belive it should be possible to host them on
a server managed by Hamakor (we should have access to a new server soon,
sitting on the Israeli backbone, thanks to ISOC-IL).

Orna.
--
Orna Agmon http://ladypine.org/  http://haifux.org/~ladypine/
ICQ: 348759096