On Sat, 18 Mar 2006, Orna Agmon wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Jan 2002, guy keren wrote:
>
> > i proposed this once as a hole-plague, and i propose this again now.
> > the talk will cover how a very small startup-chik used only FOSS tools to
> > develope its product (which is proprietary). i'll discuss the thought
> > processes, briefly cover the tools used, how non-foss programmers took
> > this, and where this process might be repeated.
> >
> > since the company was closed and acquired (in that order), i'll be able to
> > talk about some drawbacks of this process, that i didn't forsee
> > beforehand.
> >
> > this can either be a full-time talk (2 hours), or a one-hour talk (in case
> > someone comes up with a complementary talk).
>
> Since it has a clear industry appeal, how about using this lecture as a
> "bate" when publishing at intel/other companies?

i don't think its a good idea. publishing a single lecture, IMO, will
misslead people - they should be given info about the past and future, so
they can judge. we don't want one-timers - we want people who'll come more
then once. besides, putting an ad in a large company with the word
"startup" is provocative ;)

we should just do what eli suggested (publish the web site with a few
words about the club). let them see what's available in the future, so
they can make up their own minds.

what i'd also put on the poster is encouragement to look at the future and
past lectures sections. otherwise, from a glance at the first page only,
people might miss the point (even thought it's written quite clearly on
the page - it is hidden at the lower-part of the page, and as we know,
many people odn't realy read ;)  ).

--
guy

"For world domination - press 1,