On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 6:06 PM, Adir Abraham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Every year is a new year with new people who wish to learn and get familiar
> with new things. I also don't believe that we actually organized it in such
> a great way where we can say that we can't improve it anymore.

This was the case also last time, and the time before, and even the
time before it. As I said before, it is unlikely that the fifth time
will work better with more problems and less resources.

> You can add a special table for configurations. It's been done in the past.
> Most of the requests are the same. Let's call that place "Practical FAQ" :-)

We tried this at least once before. When I counted 15 it was including
the two people who brought the computer.

> There's no problem in doing that today. One of way to attract new users is
> to show them GUI installation and post-installation.
But not on their machine. That's the key idea of an insta party - to
put it on their machine. If they want Linux, they'll install on their
own. If not, they won't come at all.

> Lectures can be relevant if they are done, for example, in two tracks -
> newbies and techies. Some lectures can be combined for both groups in the
> same time.
Adir, I think that we will have problems manning even one track, two
tracks is above our heads.

And btw, the last time we had two tracks, 5 people arrived to the
newbie track. All of which could have entered the more advanced one,
if they had any self confidence.

--
Orr Dunkelman,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"a scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, -- a mere
heart of stone" - Charles Darwin.

GPG fingerprint: C2D5 C6D6 9A24 9A95 C5B3 2023 6CAB 4A7C B73F D0AA
(This key will never sign Emails, only other PGP keys. The key
corresponds to [EMAIL PROTECTED])