Hey,

During your visit in Israel the first Windows refund case goes to the court.

Maybe you will have fresh slashdot news from your time here ;)

ZD

Tim Lord wrote:

Hi there!

This is Tim Lord; I post as "timothy" on the site Slashdot.org ("News for Nerds, Stuff that Matters").

I am considering a trip to Israel, probably in early 2009 (Probably in February or March) -- and would enjoy seeing Haifa, which I've been told is a beautiful and interesting city.

If this trip to Israel happens at all (right now I'm figuring out whether I can do it), I'd enjoy giving a talk about how Slashdot works behind the scenes from the point of view of a naive editor (me), if I could barter for space on couches and network access for a few nights. Unfortunately (or not), I'll be working part of the time, which is why I'm looking for network access, too. It would also be interesting to see how Linux is being used in Israel right now.

(I'm planning to make a similar proposal to at least one other user group, because if I make the trip at all, I'd like to stay in Israel for as long as I can justify!)

If this interesting, please let me know and I will keep you informed about the likelihood. (Will be staying part of the time, hopefully for about two weeks, with some friends in Jerusalem, too.)

If this suggestion is out of line or innappropriate somehow, I'd appreciate being told that, too.

Cheers,

Tim