Mark Silberstein wrote:
Friends,

I'm trying to find the way for the user-level program to read the electric current sensor of a CPU to compute its power consumption (given vCore it should be easy). I'm trying to use lm_sensors, which actually mention the support of this kind of info, but I can't seem to have the kernel module which exposes it to lm_sensors and does the trick.

Googling is not that useful for the query "reading CPU current register " brings up tons of info with "current" in the sense of momentarily, rather than electric current. ...

Any idea ?
Just a quick idea - might be irrelevant.

Add "Amper" or "mA" to the search query?

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting Ltd.