Damn, Nathan beat me to a reply. I had said basically the same in my draft.

Additionally, I added:

I'm sure the w3c folks thought about an extended syntax as well and decided
against it. it'd be interesting to dig up the minutes and/or mailing list
posts on the topic. Extending the hex sequence to add another one or two
bits of data seems the most obvious to me and I'd like to know why they
decided against it.

AND

The distinction between syntax and function is arbitrary and is merely based
on a decision about whether the parser should construct an object or should
construction an object that constructs an object. Also, we're removing the
delineation between script mode and css mode in 2.4 so the syntax for these
kind of functions is universal.

Chris

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 11:38 AM, Mislav Marohnić <mislav.maroh...@gmail.com