Hi Richard,

On Apr 13, 2010, at 4:07 PM, Richard Aday wrote:

No I am not trolling. I just want to highlight that I don't think learning to use white space is hard to do. However, I respect your argument that it "looks like CSS", but am worried that anyone who is going to learn SCSS could have just learned Sass instead.

I tend to agree with you emotionally -- I've never understood the reflexive hate that whitespace-sensitive languages get (not just Haml/ Sass but python, too). However, reading this and other mailing lists, it's clear that that hate isn't going away. The immediate buzz that the CSS-similar-but-otherwise-just-like-Sass language LESS got upon its introduction _last year_ is further evidence against the assumption that anyone who would consider using SCSS would just as easily use Sass.

Sass and Compass are both great tools. It seems to me that Nathan and Chris are making changes that will help them become more widely used without losing any of their goodness. I don't see any reason to worry.

Rhett
(A happy Haml/Sass user since 2007 or so)