Ah, yes, that works with a decent shell, like bash, but it doesn't
work in the stinkin' Windows cmd.exe. This works:

#!bash.exe
echo "$TM_SELECTED_TEXT" | sass-convert --from sass --to scss --stdin

But that's because I've got bash in my Windows PATH courtesy of
MSysGit. I was trying to avoid that dependency.

Charles