I can't reproduce this. What version of Haml are you using? Can you provide
code that displays the error when run with the haml executable on the
command line?

In general, it's a bad idea to end a line with "# do" when there's code
indented beneath that line, because it makes Haml think you're starting a
Ruby block when you aren't actually.