I've got a helper inside application_helper.rb:

def track_event(event, opts = {})
   return "" if Rails.env.development?
   javascript_tag do
     "mpmetrics.track(\"#{event}\");"
   end
end

I want to write a test so I can improve this helper:

require File.dirname(__FILE__) + "/../test_helper.rb"
require "application_helper"
require 'haml/helpers/action_view_mods'

class ApplicationHelperTest < Test::Unit::TestCase

include ActionView::Helpers
include ApplicationHelper
include Haml
include Haml::Helpers

  context "mixpanel api" do

    should "track a simple event" do
      assert_equal "blah", track_event("blah")
    end

  end

end

However when I run it, I get:

  1) Error:
test: mixpanel api should track a simple event.
(ApplicationHelperTest):
NoMethodError: undefined method `output_buffer=' for
#<ApplicationHelperTest:0xb729fd8>
    haml (3.0.24) lib/haml/helpers/action_view_mods.rb:92:in `capture'
    app/helpers/application_helper.rb:12:in `track_event'
    helpers/application_helper_test.rb:17:in
`__bind_1290608547_577398'

I can't figure out what I have to include to get this to run. I know
it's related to the javascript_tag, as a test on a helper that doesn't
use javascript_tag works just fine.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sean