Hi folks,

Chris and I are considering deprecating the Sass color arithmetic -- +, -,
*, and / for colors -- in favor of the color functions that were added in
3.0 (and some new ones that are coming in 3.1). We wanted to hear your
opinion.

The biggest hesitation we have is that there isn't a way to do exactly what
the arithmetic was doing using functions. Now, the reason we're doing this
is that we feel that the arithmetic operations aren't very useful in the
first place, whereas the color functions are. But the fact remains that
there is no function that does exactly what $color1 + $color2 does now.

What do you all think?

- Nathan