That is part of the Susy Compass plugin's default stylesheet - not
central to Sass at all. These conversations should be handled on the
Compass google group rather than the HAML one. Even if it were a Sass
issue, there is also a newly formed Sass group as HAML and Sass will
be parting ways shortly.

To answer the question: As with most things, different browsers handle
rendering and rounding differently. It should never 'do the opposite',
though, only add more or less space depending on that browser's
algorithms. Webkit, unfortunately rounds down fairly harshly, so
depending on the font size you may or may not see a result. It will
never make things worse, though.

Cheers,
Eric