I managed to get many of the &block's removed and did not notice a performance
gain. I think that since most delegate down to a few core methods that require
the &block argument in order to eval the binding, the gains are lost. Since
there  is no way to eval a blocks binding without naming the argument, I think
this little exercise of mine is failed :)

Just FYI.

 - Ken