Sorry for the little detail.

The deal is: I created a mixin to handle background-colors with alpha, but
IE8 and below (as usual) don't understand rgba.
So I end up with this code:

@mixin background-color($color, $path, $alpha: 1)
{
    $rgba: 'rgba(#' + $color + ', ' + $alpha + ')';
    $css-color: unquote($rgba);

    $filename: 'solid-' + $color + '-' + $alpha * 100 + '.png';
    $url: 'url(' + $path + $filename + ')';

    background-color: unquote($url);
    background-color: $css-color;
}

Then I called the mixin this way:
@include background-color(000000, .5);

And I expect to get the following output:
background-color: url('images/solid-000000-50.png');
background-color: rgba(0,0,0,.5);

But I keep getting rgba like this: rgba(#000000, .5)

I thought SASS would convert automatically hex color to rgb inside a rgba();