While adding Haml to my current project I noticed a few gotchas in Haml
processing, one related to the Google Ajax indicator and the other with
HTML5 and boolean attributes being rejected. The latter being related to
:suppress_eval being true, the first I haven't had a chance to check.

Reproduce:
%a{:href => "https://twitter.com/#!/envygeeks"} => Fails
%a{:href => "https://twitter.com/envygeeks"} => Works

%time{:datetime => "01-02-11", :pubdate => ""} => Works but invalid
%time{:datetime => "01-02-11", :pubdate => true} => Returns nothing

For the latter I was thinking that perhaps there could be a list of
attributes that are specced just to exist (the HTML5 boolean attributes,
things like async, pubdate and a few others) and if their hash exists
add them regardless of their attribute value and ignore the attribute
value entirely since their existence indicates true and their not being
there indicates false.