I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

I am trying to include a URL with parameters as a value in a set of
Javascript options. I am generating the URL with url_for:

- jsDataSource = url_for(:format => :xml, :controller
=> :reports, :action => :chart, :id => @report.id, :chart_group =>
index, :chart_data_column => chart_data_column)

/reports/chart/101.xml?chart_data_column=usage&chart_group=1

That works fine.

But, then, I try to include the variable within a :javascript filter:

:javascript
  var chartSettings = {
    data_file: "#{jsDataSource}"
  }

And I get...
data_file: "/reports/chart/101.xml?
chart_data_column=usage&chart_group=1"

Which does not work for the rest of my js.

How could I be unescaping the output within the :javascript filter so
that I get a proper URL? Again, am I missing something basic here?

Thank you so much!