I'd have to say that I don't clearly understand why we'd use
this delimiter? It would
break existing code... what if that appeared naturally in your Haml?

The recommended way is either.

.span #{myvar}
.span= myvar

I have no personal problem with {{_}}, but what does it have that is so
much better than #{_} that
would be useful for these purposes?

Now, there is a bigger question being breached here, which is Haml's
relationship to client-side
scripts... I have to say I have mixed feelings on this topic in a general
sense. Seems like Haml
would be a bad fit... unless you used Haml to *generate* some JS that was
the proper template
you were looking for. But, structured, semantic html is something that is
already implicit in well
defined JS data structures... aka,

{name: {first_name: "hampton", last_name: "catlin"}}

can easily be converted to

typing, but you get it

I'm not sure how much advantage Haml gives in a data=>template
transformation which is the
primary usage of Moustache&co.

Haml focuses on document layout and structure. Which does have some
overlap, but not enough
in my mind.

I do have some thoughts recently on things I want to see get added to Haml,
but I'd have to say this isn't
one of them.

-hampton.