On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 22:51:09 +0000 Tim wrote

8<--------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure why I did not think of it to start with but Maplins have the
adpaptor
I need

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=1227

3.5mm Stereo plug to 3.5mm mono socket

Looks like I will be visiting my local Maplins this weekend.

Tim

8<--------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, Maplin are very useful for odd bits like that. I had exactly the
converse of your requirement - I wanted to transfer some *Betamax* tapes
on to DVD, and the video player I acquired on Ebay had a mono audio
output to an RCA socket. Maplin supplied a "Y" adaptor to replicate the
audio output to two RCA sockets, to which I could connect the lead to
the line in of my sound card, and for good measure they also supplied
the adaptor to let me plug an RCA plug for the video into the BNC socket
on the video!

Ian
--
Ian Park