On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 at 08:35:30AM +0000, Bob Dunlop wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Nov 25 at 05:06, Andy Random wrote:
> >
> > If it was half the price I might have considered it (though even then the
> > kit might end up in boxes for months) but for a saving of 20-30 quid, it
> > really isn't worth it to me.
>
> Okay how about 79 quid, including VAT and delivery.
>
> Not quite the same spec but that's what I just got a Viglen MPC-L for
> thanks to Alan Popes pointer to the Ubuntu podcast.

My dad has had his for three weeks now. It's not ultra fast but
it's fast enough for him.

> 512Mb RAM, 80G hard drive, 400MHz Geode processor.  As well as the bundled
> USB keyboard and mouse mine came with a 1GB USB Flash key in a separate
> box for some reason.

The USB flash drive is a new give away!

> Not plugged it in yet, it was icey cold from transportation last night.

It wil run a bit warmer than that, but it's pretty silent.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

I guess that, if you're in Microsoft's shoes, it makes sense. If you
can't write software or protocols that can stably walk and chew gum,
program in a limit that prevents the user from telling it to do so.
   -- Jonathan Patschke, on limitations in Active Directory