On Saturday 20 December 2008 16:24:45 Mike Burrows wrote:
> Was afraid of that.  Wanted to avoid double checking I have everything
> backed up before I use the image disk which apparently erases the whole
> hdd.
>
> Btw, I have seen some threads suggesting there is an issue associated with
> SP2.  might be this I guess.
>

> Cheers
> Mike

The problem is going to be you don't know exactly where your problem lies, so
by the time you have found and extracted files from the XP CD or service
packs etc. it is going to be quicker to reinstall.

The problematic laptop is that still running sp2, if so you could try
installing SP3 hoping that sp3 installs a newer version of some corrupt file.
Thats of course assuming you can get a copy of sp3 on cd

Tim