Finally a couple of custom view like:

SELECT
 attendee.name,
 macs.mac
FROM
 macs
 INNER JOIN attendee ON (macs.attendee_id = attendee.id)

That just about wraps it up for now.

> Thanks Dan (and the other DB experts that have helped oto create the
> industrial strength register DB), this has been a useful MySQL revision
> exercise for me and a fun lunchtime MySQL hussle, I am about to re-run the
> script after incorporating your suggestions, I won't post the finished
> script again, unless any one wants to see it? - I don't mind...

Ah... s/oto and hussle/to and hustle/ (no references to the definitions found
in http://www.urbandictionary.com/ intended though well typo'd this time I
thought).

--
http://www.diap.org.uk - distributed backup volume management system.