Paul Stimpson wrote:
> This time Thunderbird opens with the create account wizard and totally fails
> to acknowledge the contents of the .thunderbird directory. I've checked the
> ownership is right. Can anyone give me a hint as to what has gone wrong?

In Ubuntu, Thunderbird is compiled to look in ~/.mozilla-thunderbird/.

There's no consensus on locations for these directories, so also on Ubuntu you
can find Firefox in ~/.firefox/ and I also have a defunct ~/.mozilla/firefox/
from when this home directory was mounted on a Debian installation or when I
installed the mozilla.org Firefox package or something.

Dan