----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Stimpson" <p...@stimpsonfamily.co.uk>
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2009 1:19 PM
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Using external kvm with laptop

Hi,

On my machine the BIOS has settings for which monitor to use at boot (which
IIRC includes "auto" and "both") and the power saving for the monitor. Is
this a DPMS issue or the computer using a different power saving aignalling
scheme than the monitor?

Cheers,
Paul.

19:10

Ah of course - the BIOS - I should have thought of that.   I strongly
suspect our IT guys have set any interference in the BIOS to cause an alarm
though.   I'll speak to them on Monday - I'm sure there will be a setting
like that.

Cheers
Rob