On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 02:49:24 +0000 (+0000), Stephen Nelson-Smith wrote:
> I've rebuilt a machine that was Ubuntu 8.04 with Debian Lenny.
>
> I have a backup of /home from the ubuntu machine, including my
> .mozilla directory.
>
> I've rsynced the .mozilla/firefox directory to .mozilla on the debian
> system, and restarted iceweasel, but I don't see any sign of the
> bookmarks.

They used to use bookmarks.html then .xhtml now it's in an SQLite
database.  That should be all you need - I wonder if it's in the wrong
format.  It's .mozilla/firefox (yet _another_ change in name) on my
debian box.

Alternatively try the amazing, wonderful "foxmarks" plugin.  I used it
to sync my laptop and desktop and it does a terrific job.  I actually
run it against my own server (webdav) so it's not using deltas to send
the bookmarks (which it does if you use formarks own server) but I
want my bookmarks to be private.

It even worked perfectly when was setting it up (about 800 common
bookmarks and 50 new ones on each).

Adrian
--
Email: adr...@smop.co.uk  -*-  GPG key available on public key servers