Hi Guys,

I've just started setting up a home server on a nive little ITX box,
based upon Ubuntu-server Intrepid Ibex.

But .. the setup might make sense for a server farm, but for a small
three/four machine network it seems disproportionately complex.

Can anyone give a pointer to a straight-forward basic setup for
NFS+Samba serving, and UPnP? I'm guessing that mail shouldn't bee too
bad as I already use postfix.

Ubuntu's setup uses LDAP, which has so far taken we two evenings of
messing about, to achieve I'm not sure what. They seem to think I need
it for Samba. I'm not convinced, and it seems grotesquely complex and
arcane to manage the way they advise.

Thanks,
        Gordon.
--
Gordon Scott                              http://www.gscott.co.uk

Haiku:          Tragic Irony
                Imagined Life Without Walls
                Windows Crash to Floor.

                Linux ... Because I like to *get* there today.