Rik wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 21:03 +0000, Rob Malpass wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> Sorry - but if a newbie question - but do people have a favourite
>> drive imaging program?
>>
>> I'm looking for something to take an image of both my NASses (is that
>> how to spell the plural?!) which can happily be Linux and one
>> specifically for XP.
>>
>> As far as Linux is concerned - is this the sort of thing mkisofs was
>> built for?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Rob
>
> mkisofs will make a ISO image of files (regardless of what they are).
> Many of the hardcore Linux folk will cite DD, rsync and others - which
> are excellent in their own way.
>
> However, for a quick 'fix' similar to Ghost/Acronis/Others have a look
> at 'Clonezilla' http://clonezilla.org/ The website and interface win no
> awards for aesthetics but it works very well indeed.
>
>> --
>> Please post to: Hampshire@mailman.lug.org.uk

I'll second the vote for Clonezilla :-)

I used it to image the 40 Aspire One's I had for college. If you're thinking of
setting up a
clonezilla server make sure you use something like Ubuntu as the base system as
it works a lot
better then RH clones like CentOS. If it's just one or two machines to do the
"live" CD works well
off a USB stick.

Brian