Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this annoying issue?

Basically, Firefox starts up without its Title Bar leaving the user
unable to manipulate the window via any means other than File - Exit.
The result is similar to hitting F11 and going to fullscreen mode, but
not the same.

I have googled this a couple of times and have yet to come across a
decent solution.

One workaround is to hit Alt-F2 and then run the command 'metacity
--replace', which temporarily resolves the issue. Unfortunately it makes
a mess of any workspace layout you might favour since all programs are
subsequently redrawn on the first workspace.

I dug up another 'fix' that involved deleting a component of the Firefox
user's profile. I got some mileage out of that but the failed me after
several days, hence this post.

I'm certainly not alone in this - my daughter was similarly affected on
her desktop machine. I am running Ubuntu Intrepid 64-bit, as is Ellen,
who has now migrated across to her new laptop.

Sean

--
The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact
mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows.