At 23:04 13/04/2009, you wrote:
>I have looked at the thread last year about which router people recommended,
>but would be grateful if people felt able to comment on these - or add any
>others that I ought to have included.  I would be grateful for both
>favourable and unfavourable feedback.  I am particularly interested in
>reliability and reach.
>
>Netgear DG834G¹
>I have this myself and am very pleased with it.  But our house is on only two
>floors and has thin walls.  How does it perform where penetration is more
>difficult, with three floors and thick walls?  I have read the reviews and
>they are mixed, with some adverse comments on reliability.
>
>Netgear-DG834PN-RangeMax-MIMO-G-Wireless²
>This sounds ideal.  But I would like a bit of feedback if anyone has had
>experience of it.  It may not match what is claimed for it.
>
>Zyxel P660HW³
>Recommended last year by Tim and John Cooper.  Any further comments?  Has the
>ZyXEL Prestige 660HW-T1 enough of an advantage over the P660HW to justify the
>higher price?
>
>And has anyone any experience of either the Solwise HomePlug AV /11n Router,
>or the Solwise HomePlug ADSL Modem Router + Solwise HomePlug
>Ethernet/Wireless combination?(4)  Or of similar set-ups?

While i Haven bought a "homeplug" ethernet combination it would be what i would
buy based on what i have heard about them.
The speed would be consistent and be faster than
wireless at a distance from the router
as the data goes over the mains cable. ie the
drop off is faster for wireless over
distance.

Theres no problem with people hacking your wireless network either since its a
physical connection.

Martin N

Co-Moderator of MiniDisc and amithlonopen yahoo groups.