> I had to go through various Windows "installation repairs" after that,
> but I did end up with a virtual Windows machine that was, essentially, a
> clone of my real Windows installed - and I never booted that workstation
> into Windows again.

Which is exactly what I'm trying to achieve.. thank you.. now I wonder if
I can convince our IT department to provide me with some install media :S.

They are not exactly keen on doing anything if I mention the word Linux.
Which odd considering we sell products which require development on Linux
and I'm using Linux because my manager specifically asked for developers
to move to a Linux platform - ah well!

Thanks for the help :)