Chris Smith wrote:
> Jon Wilks wrote:
>
>> I'm beginning to get pain in my shoulder through over use of the mouse.
>>

> Yeah, yeah, we've heard that one before. :)
>

>>    I have seen other alternatives like a mouse pen or a track ball mouse
>> and wonder if anyone has experience of these things and recommend their use.
>>

> One of my cow-orkers has a Microsoft Natural Wireless Laser Mouse
> (6000), which is very comfortable to use.  It's a standard mouse, but
> designed so your hand is held at a natural angle, not flat.
>
> One potential downside is that it (the one I've seen) is right-handed
> only.  I don't know if there is a left-handed version.

I've not seen these but would say that they still encourage the
micro-movements.

However, the good thing about a laser mouse is that they tend to be more
precise and require less of these movements than the old ball-and-fluff
variety.

Sean

--
The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact
mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows.