john wrote:
> I have looked at what jamies sell.  Myself I find the computers they sell
> overpriced.  If I find this how many others find this?

I enquired after some PC100 memory and was quoted pretty much the price
of buying it new from ebuyer. The slight difference in my favour was not
enough to tempt me away from a lifetime warranty on offer with the new
item and the fact that it was new and unused.

> A number of people who wanted to get rid of old computers have been told that
> they must pay Jamies for the privilege of taking the computer of their hands.
>
> The computers ended up being dumped in a landfill instead.

Well, we have to remember that they are a charity and exist to raise
funds for the service they provide to their users. I am guessing they
also have costs and obligations to uphold in disposing of the junk they
cannot use too.

Sean

--
www.funkygibbins.me.uk