On Tue, 22 Sep 2009, Paul Tansom wrote:

> Mind you, LUG meets are tough enough. I was going to make the last one, but at
> just as I was getting ready to leave noticed the need to register and the
> limited time with anybody on the door, so decided to to risk a journey. I
> should have checked before, but confirmation of being able to attend was very
> last minute (as it often is unfortunately).

Many venues for LUG meetings now require "registration" before attendance
I'm afraid. However since there isn't a charge for LUG meetings (aside
from any well appreciated donation to LUG funds) and usually space isn't
an issue there is nothing to stop you registering for attendance in the
hope you can make it and simply not showing if something comes up at the
last minute.

I've done that myself in the past, and I'd recommend it over waiting until
the last minute when you know you can make it to try and register.

   Andy