Stephen Davies wrote:
> Has an interesting article asking the question
>
> Should the UK have its own Linux Distro.
>
> Not a bad read but then the go and mention the dreaded word 'Government'.

> Given the history of UK Plc has with it projects, my take would be

Nah - I can see parts of .gov.uk insisting on trapdoors/hooks to be included
probably as binary 'drivers' - which has been suggested is a feature of a
certain COTS O/S we know and love...

Or they use this as an excuse to mandate use of DRM (another way to install
trapdoors)
- i.e. it becomes illegal to use "open" linux. And FWICR this has been
suggested (leaked)
before.

Jacqui