On Thu, 19 Nov 2009, Dee Earley wrote:

> I have to agree...
>
> I've not used it for a few years but when I did, I was completely lost
> on how do do even simple things like colour a few pixels (after a few
> minutes trying to open a file). It seemed to massively overcomplicate
> things to the point it was nigh on impossible to use.
>
> This is coming from a software developer so if I couldn't figure it out..

But a windows software developer right? So that doesn't really count does
it Dee?

:) :) :)

But on a more serious note 90% of my photo manipulation is cropping,
resizing or rotating and I've never really got on with gimp so a simpler
tool which allows me to do that gets my vote as well.

The important thing to remember is that Ubuntu is trying to appeal to the
mainstream as well as geeks and the average user doesn't want gimp they
want a simple tool with easy options, while the geeks should be able to
install gimp (if they want it) pretty trivially.

   Andy