Dragon Player 2.0, KDE 4.3.2, Kubuntu Karmic.

I have googled this, but do not know the right question to ask, so am getting
nowhere.  I have looked at the Dragon Player Handbook, but what is probably
the relevant part announces that it has not yet been written.

I have got a DVD there waiting to be played and it starts off marvellously.
Then we get to the bit that shows a relevant (if you are lucky, silent)
picture and:

PLAY FILM
SCENE SELECTION
STORYBOARD TO SCREEN
LANGUAGE SET-UP

or something similar.  I cannot find out how to progress beyond this point.
None of the things I have tried has any effect at all.  (Arrows, tab, page
up/down, space bar, m, mouse.... )

Since it is the default video player in Kubuntu Karmic, it presumably works
and I just don't know the magic incantation.  So, Help!!  Is anyone a) in
possession of the necessary knowledge and b) willing to share it?

As a footnote, the owner of the computer lays great emphasis on multimedia, so
I installed LinuxMint for him.  It was a disaster!  Karmic, so far, looks
much better - but I am stuck.  I thought that I would try the easy things
first!!!  (Among other things, I still have to get Spotify installed and
working.)

TIA
Lisi