On 2 February 2010 10:53, Dr A. J. Trickett <adam.trick...@iredale.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 at 10:14:47AM +0000, Victor Churchill wrote:
>> On 1 February 2010 22:11, Hants LUG Chairman <adam.trick...@iredale.net>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > For those not going to FOSDEM we have the privilege of visiting IBM Hursley
>> > again next Saturday (06 Feb 2010).
>>
>> Looking forward to it.
>
> Good.
>
>> > 5) If you bring some IT kit, security will need to know its serial number
>> > so
>> > they know you are allowed to leave with it.
>>
>> Does that need to be set up in advance, or is it a case of 'checking
>> in' laptop as you arrive and checking it out when you leave?
>
> I believe you fill in a piece of paper as you arrive, or at least
> that's what we did last time.

Actually I am hoping not to need to do this - the only exception might
be if you turn up with a Thinkpad as that is what IBM issues... But
even then I am hoping the IBM Serial Number stickers on each of our
issued ones will be enough to convince security that your Thinkpad is
not a pinched IBM one

Anton

--
Anton Piatek
email: an...@piatek.co.uk

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a
significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.