On 4 February 2010 17:10, trotter <m.nutt...@ukonline.co.uk> wrote:
> At 09:10 04/02/2010, you wrote:
>>James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > After the power supply to my house destroying the PSUs of my computers
>> > three times now, I would like to get a UPS.
>> > Does anyone have a UPS (Uninterruptible Power supply) that is surplus
>> > to their requirements?
>>
>>I have two with dead batts. The problem is tha the batts are cost of a UPS!
>

> As a matter of interest wouldn't the UPS still work as a mains
> battery filter getting
> rid of spikes or if theres a few minutes of power left in the battery
> coping with
> minor sags in power?
>
> I intend on using my old Belkin to protect some of my more valuable equipment
> that is not a computer  when the battery goes. It is a pain to
> replace the battery
> in my belkin; I had to bend the metal cage that held it to get it out.

It would be except mine lasts <2sec on battery so doesnt do much... I
also want to replace the battery but am not sure where to source it
(not to mention it will take several hours to get the bugger out)

Anton

--
Anton Piatek
email: an...@piatek.co.uk

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a
significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.